Head Start Family and Community Partnership Manager
Head Start is a federally funded program that provides high quality early childhood education, development, healthcare, social and nutrition services to children and their families. Becoming a Head Start Program Manager gives you a chance to make a real difference in the lives of young children and their families in Columbia County, NY.
Head Start Family and Community Partnership Manager - The person in this position is responsible for overseeing the Enrollment, Recruitment, Selection, Eligibility and Attendance process for all Head Start children and families, coordination of all family services and development of community partnerships. The ideal candidate will have skills and knowledge in the following areas:
· Support Services – must be familiar with the range of support services available to families and children.
· Marketing and Outreach – develop tools and techniques for reaching out to eligible children and families. Develop strategies for collaborating with other agencies and community groups to reach more families.
· Personnel Management – provide ongoing supervision and professional development of Family Workers. Must have strong conflict resolution, listening, communication and group facilitation skills.
· Advocacy and Collaboration - consult and collaborate with families and with social service, mental health, law enforcement, and domestic violence intervention agencies and provide advocacy related to community issues that affect the families' well-being.
· Community Partnerships and Involvement - use partnerships to develop services in response to unmet needs and reduce unnecessary duplication of services.
· Technology - must have intermediate knowledge of computer systems and the ability to work with word processing, data management, and spreadsheet and data analysis programs
Required education and experience: Must have a bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, family services, counseling, or a related field, plus one year or more experience working at a supervisory and professional level. Being bilingual in English and Spanish is very desirable. A clean and valid NYS Driver’s License is required.
After an offer of employment is made, all Head Start employees are subject to inquiry with the New York State Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment and a New York State Criminal History Check.
When you join our team as a full time employee, you will also enjoy:
· Health & dental benefits that are cost shared by the organization
· Vision Benefits
· Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with employer contributions
· Life Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account for medical & dependent care expenses
· Generous paid leave including 12 holidays, vacation, personal and sick time.
· Professional development opportunities
· Federal student loan forgiveness with some positions
· Employee Assistance Program for all employees and their family
· Casual dress code
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy Andrus, COI Head Start Director, 540 Columbia Street, Hudson, NY 12534 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org